|Job Title||Vice President of Communications and Marketing|
|Posting Date||May 23rd, 2013|
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest
Responsible for the development and implementation of the vision related to the Agency’s marketing, branding, communications and research-based messaging programs.
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Director of Communications, Director of Marketing, Administrative Assistant
Department/Center: Communications and Marketing
Required Driver (Required drivers must have valid driver’s license, current auto insurance with limits of $100,000/$300,000 bodily injury per person/accident and $50,000 in property damage, acceptable driving record to be covered under Agency auto insurance and reliable transportation)
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
Minimum Work Experience: 7 years’ experience in Communications and Marketing. Demonstrated expertise in marketing strategy, social media, writing and message development, media relations and strategic communications. Five years supervisory experience required. Experience in healthcare environment preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers of all backgrounds. Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet. Must have the willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances in technology. Must have excellent customer service and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction. Lead, guide and model the Planned Parenthood Experience, including the Experience Essentials. Supportive of the mission and goals of Planned Parenthood. Commitment to quality healthcare.
Essential Functions Essential functions encompass the required tasks, duties, and responsibilities performed as part of the job and the reason the job exists.
• Participate in the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan as it relates to making PPPSW a more effective, dynamic and mission driven volunteer and staff organization.
• Serve as a member of the Agency’s Executive Team participating in the development of overall policies, long range planning, goals and objectives.
• Responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing a market branding strategy, including social media, and achieving marketing targets.
• Effectively use a wide range of traditional and new social media communication vehicles to develop communities and innovative channels of communication that connect with important audiences.
• Develop and maintain strategic communication and relationships with a wide range of public and private stakeholders, including donors, business community, public sector, community groups, news and social media outlets, and employees. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with traditional news and new media, and business organizations.
• Prepare CEO communication for press releases, crisis communication, special events etc.
• Act as the key liaison and utilizing other appropriate spokesperson to the media, government agencies, elected and appointed officials and other pro-choice organizations.
• Work in collaboration with PPFA and PPAC so strategies and message development is in alignment.
• Prepare and oversee department budget and long range financial planning.
• Oversee in-house publications and development of enhanced Agency web presence incorporating state of the art technologies.
• In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
• To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
• Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
1. Planned Parenthood Experience (Customer Focus)
Approaches every interaction with respect, honesty and an earnest desire to help. Fosters a comfortable, welcoming and inclusive environment. Provides the highest-quality service as a trusted, dedicated professional. Treats every patient/customer with confidentiality and compassion. Regularly listens to and learns from the voices of those s/he serves. Leads, guides and models the Experience Essentials.
2. Business Acumen
Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
3. Strategic Agility
Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
4. Managing Vision and Purpose
Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
BUILDER AND CONNECTOR
1. Organizational Agility
Knowledge about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal networks; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organization.
2. Building the Agency into an Effective Team
Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team/ shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the ream.
3. Cultural Competence
Respect for difference in all areas of the organization; understands concepts of institutional and cultural bias and proactively addresses them; continuous self-assessment regarding culture/diversity; careful attention to the dynamics of difference; continuous expansion of cultural knowledge and resources, and a variety of adaptations to belief systems, policies and practices. Supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all; reviews materials and programs with an eye towards effect on various cultures and differences.
4. Talent Management
Drives the creation and implementation of systems to build the organization’s talent pool, attract and retain high performers and ensure future organizational leadership. Looks strategically at the future needs of the agency in terms in talent and workforce planning (including compensation systems and career pathways)
SEEKER OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXCELLENCE
1. Managing and Measuring Agency Work
Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
3. Innovation Management
Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to the market; has good judgement about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
The appropriate physical requirements of this job are determined by the supervisor. Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer. Regularly (67-100%)
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with people. Regularly (67-100%)
Standing/Walking: Regularly (67-100%)
Climbing/Stooping/ Kneeling/ Bending: Occasionally (12-33%)
Lifting weight up to 25 lbs. Occasionally (12-33%)
Pulling/ Pushing/ Reaching: Occasionally (12-33%)
|Location||San Diego, CA|